Vietnamese Food That Capture Gordon Ramsay’s Heart
Vietnamese cuisine has and always be a huge interest of travelers from other countries thanks to its unique, special cooking methods and culture in each dish. So does Ramsay as Vietnamese food has captured his heart while visiting Vietnam. Let’s take a deep look on the dishes he loved and where to have it.
Vietnamese Food: Steamed Rice Rolls
The Chef has to admit that: “to make the paper-thin rice cake gonna need to apply a delicate touch” & also this utmost delicacy Vietnamese steamed rice rolls will bring a fresh & soft taste at first by the elegant flavor of rice, then to the crunchy texture of mix pork meat, mushroom inside. You can choose to eat the rolls alone or with salted shredded meat or Vietnamese sausage. Pick it all up with chopstick and dip in the light mixed fish sauce.
Here is the list of some suggested places for having the Vietnamese Food: steamed rice rolls:
- Ba Hanh: 26B Tho Xuong, Phu Doan, Hoan Kiem District (VND 20.000 – 40.000)
- Ba Hoanh: 66 To Hien Thanh, Hai Ba Trung District (VND 30.000 – 60.000)
- Thanh Van: 12 – 14 Hang Ga, Hang Bo, Hoan Kiem District (VND 10.000 – 22.000)
- Alley no.29 Thuy Khue (VND 15.000 – 35.000)
- Ba Xuan: 16 Doc Hoe Nhai, Nguyen Trung Truc, Ba Dinh District (VND 15.000 – 30.000)
- 34 Yen Phu Nho, Ba Dinh District (VND 10.000 – 25.000)
- 68 Hang Cot, Hoan Kiem District (VND 30.000 – 66.000)
- 171 Be Van Dan, Ha Dong District (VND 20.000)
In Ho Chi Minh City:
- Hai Nam: 11A Cao Thang, District 3 (~VND 40.000)
- Tay Ho: 127 Dinh Tien Hoang, District 1 (~VND 60.000)
- Hong Hanh: 17A Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, District 1 (~VND 40.000)
- Song Moc: 107 Vuon Chuoi, District 3 (~VND 40.000)
Vietnamese Food: Muscovy Duck Meat
Gordon Ramsay got surprised when was rejected by Madam “Vịt” for the duck cooking recipe in her restaurant. Though this act is a myth in Western culture, here to the Asian, their recipe is their secret for making their living and is compared as to their life. Especially for some stall that keeps the recipe through generations and doesn’t want to share the unique selling point to others.
The Muscovy duck meat is one of the Vietnamese food that no one should miss trying in Hanoi too.
- Khoa Ngan: 77 Hai Ba Trung Street
- Nhan: 14 Trung Yen Alley – Dinh Liet (~VND 40.000)
- Minh Thu: 31 Ly Quoc Su (VND 30.000)
- 16 Hang Can Street (VND 40.00)
- Lan Beo: 42 Nguyen Cong Tru (VND 35.000)
- Van Beo: 198 Thai Ha (VND 40.000)
Vietnamese Food: Rice Noodle Soup & Crab Vermicelli
On the sampan boat along the Mekong river, an old lady with a selling song was sung to invite potential guests. There is no table, no waiter but it brought Ramsay the most memorable moment while tasting his favorite Vietnamese food to the point that putting the dish into a Masterchef test for contestants.
Places for having the Rice Noodle Soup:
- 62 Ton That Thiep, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- 83D Bui Thi Xuan, District 1
- 43 Ton That Dam, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- 147 Tran Hung Dao, Cau Ong Lanh Ward, District 1
Crab Vermicelli Restaurant:
- 64 Nguyen Huu Hao, District 4
- 4 Phan Boi Chau, District 1
- 287/66 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 3
- 64 Co Giang, District 1
- 66 Nguyen Thai Binh, District 1
Vietnamese food is a museum of culture and history and keeps amaze travelers once taste it. Let’s follow Gordon Ramsay in exploring the food paradise in Vietnam.
Looking for an online travel agent to suggest awesome ideas for your trip, carefully manage your itinerary, even it is a Leisure, Honeymoon, Family Trip, Wedding, Wellness Retreat, Dive Trip, Conference or Corporate Incentives.
Pin it now!