Vital Details For F1 Vietnam Grand Prix in Hanoi
The capital city of Vietnam – Hanoi, has the honor of hosting their first F1 Vietnam Grand Prix in April of 2020. Some of the fastest cars will speed through the streets of Hanoi driven by some of the most technically skilled drivers around. This incredible competition will take place on a course comprised of existing and new roads alike and will showcase impeccable engineering and great skill within a charming, bustling city.
The Formula One (F1) series originated with the European Championship of Grand Prix motor racing of the 1920s and 1930s. The formula is a set of rules that all participants’ cars must meet.
In the early years of F1, before the world championship was established, there were around twenty races held from late Spring to early Autumn in Europe, although not all of these were considered significant.
The first world championship race was held at the Silverstone United Kingdom in 1950.
The construction of this new course will make it the 22nd Grand Prix course in the world. This follows the ambition of the International Automobile Federation (FIA) to expand to new cities and grow the community of F1 lovers. In preparation of construction, which began in March of 2019, a 10-year deal was signed between FIA and the government of Vietnam, with hopes of building a beautiful new culture and passion for racing in Vietnam. The city of Hanoi Chairman eagerly awaits this race as “it’s a further demonstration of Vietnam’s ability, as one of the fastest growing economies in the world, to host events on a global scale.”
F1 Vietnam Grand Prix - A Can't Miss Experience
This course is being constructed a mere 12 km West of the center of Hanoi which will allow an easy commute to the stadium as well as a chance to explore the enchanting sights of Hanoi. This F1 racing is one you won’t want to miss! Here are some things you must know to make your trip impeccable!
F1 & What to Expect
Are you new to Formula 1 or even racing in general? Don’t worry. We have outlined what you should expect!
Race festivities usually begin on Friday with 2 practice sessions. This allows drivers about 1 ½ hours to get a better feel for the course.
Saturday marks the first official day of racing. There are 3 qualifying sections which each take about 1 hour. Results from these sections are used to determine racers starting positions on Sunday.
The final competition on Sunday will determine which 3 drivers will make the podium.
For more information about each day of racing check out Formula 1 (F1) Vietnam Grand Prix website here.
Prepare For A F1 Vietnam Grand Prix Trip in Hanoi
1. Vietnam Visa
When coming from most countries to Vietnam you must have a visa to enter. There are four types of visas that you can get which include options for 1-Month Single Entry, 1-Month Multi-Entry, 3-Month Single Entry, and 3-Month Multi-Entry. You can get your visa via a travel agency, the embassy itself, or as an E-Visa (from certain countries).
Keep in mind that your passport needs to be valid for 6 months after you apply and you need to have a blank page for your visa as well.
Not all visitors, however, need a visa. To see if you are one of the few lucky ones check out the list here.
2. Vietnam Sim-Card
Traveling can be confusing and nerve-racking. However, with a new sim card, you will be able to enjoy your time in Vietnam with excellent data for a relatively low cost. Check out an option here!
As a result of the higher level of visitors for the race, it may become challenging to find a taxi or call a grab to the stadium or around town. That’s why we recommend booking a private car in advance.
After a thrilling day at the race, I’m sure you’ll want to kick back and relax. Since April is a very busy season for tourists in Hanoi, the sooner you book your room the better! Hanoi has many international chains as well as charming local abodes for you to rest in. Check out the suggested central homestay here.
- To be closer to the course check out a hotel in West Hanoi near My Dinh Stadium.
- To be in the cultural center check out a hotel in the Old Quarter.
5. Must Try Dishes
- Pho- Rice Noodle Soup (Bo- beef, Ga- Chicken)
- Banh Mi- Vietnamese famous sandwich
- Cha Ca- Grilled and Fried Fish with Noodles
- Xoi- Sticky Rice
- Buan Cuon- Steamed Rice rolls
- Nom Bo Kho – green papaya salad with dried beef
6. F1 Vietnam Grand Prix & Other Can't Miss Experience
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and the Temple of Literature
- Walk around Hoan Kiem Lake and see the Tran Quoc Pagoda
- Explore the Old Quarter and see Notre Dame Cathedral, the Opera House and more
- See Hanoi’s Street Train and walk along the tracks
- Attend a traditional Water Puppet Show
- Head to the nearby Halong Bay for a more tranquil vacation
7. Must Haves for the F1 Vietnam Grand Prix
Before going to new events I always get nervous about having the right things. If you are a veteran or a newbie, here are some things you should know before the race.
- Be prepared for any weather, as the event is outside you may be in the sun all day or get caught in a rain shower. So remember an umbrella and sunglasses!
- I highly recommend dressing comfortably, especially wearing comfortable shoes as (like any big event) you may have to walk a little way to your seat.
- While some viewers aren’t fans, I highly recommend taking ear plugs or ear protection.
- Bring some extra cash to get some water and try some local dishes
- If you love capturing pictures and staying in touch with friends like me, I recommend bringing a portable charger!
- Depending on where your seat is, you may need binoculars to see the race better.
- Speaking of seats, you may want to pack a seat cushion or get one upon arrival.
- Most of all, don’t forget your ticket!
For tickets head to F1 Vietnam Grand Prix booking on Fayfay.com now so you won’t miss out on this incredible event!
A F1 ticket to this incredible event includes a Fan Zone, a Family Zone, shopping, food stands, a cultural experience, access to all 3 days of racing, and so much more! Buy your tickets now for an unforgettable weekend!
Reserve your F1 Vietnam Grand Prix 2020 Ticket in Hanoi NOW!
Looking for an online travel agent to suggest awesome ideas for your trip, carefully manage your itinerary, even it is a Leisure, Honeymoon, Family Trip, Wedding, Wellness Retreat, Dive Trip, Conference or Corporate Incentives.