Transportation Guide From Ho Chi Minh To Hanoi
To travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Ha Noi, there are various options of transportations. Check out which one suits you best to visit Hanoi – the capital and second biggest city in the country, which is also a place where a proudly preserved Vietnamese culture blends with a stimulating Western influence.
1. Airplane from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi
The total flight time will be just about two hours.
Depending on the company and promotion, the average price for a one-way ticket is about $100. Make sure to book your ticket in advance to get a reasonable price.
Keep in mind that Vietnam Airlines has the best service, while Vietjet and Jetstar offer budget flights all days but please expect to have sudden delay sometimes.
2. Train from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi
Another transportation alternative for you is traveling via railway. To get from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi takes more than 30 hours; however, you will get to observe magnificent views along the way.
Reunification Express Train is the only carrier for this kind of transportation. Their average fare is $73 with the price vary from different seat types: hard seat, soft seat or hard berth and soft berth. No matter of the type, all places on the train are air-conditioned, and it also has clean toilets.
To buy the ticket, you can either go to Vietnam Railway’s website here to book online or go to the Ho Chi Minh train station at 01 Nguyen Thong, Ward 9, District 3 and buy directly.
Tips for your rail trip
- The train only departs four times a day so you should plan carefully and arrive ahead of time in order not to miss it
- Be aware, or you might fall for a scam. It is recommended to book your ticket as early as you can, only via the official website or buy it straight at the train station would be even better
- As you have to travel in a pretty long distance, choosing the seat type is important as you do need good a sleep. Hard/ Soft bunk beds are budget but with $4 more, you can have a soft berth
- Be careful of your luggage and belongings if sharing a cabin with strange people
- Carry your food if you don’t want to buy meals on the train. Also, there are boiling water stations for you so you can make cups of coffee or even instant noodles
3. Bus from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi
Traveling by sleeper bus is another option for you if you want even cheaper transportation from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi. However, do keep in mind that it will be the least comfortable one, with the duration is more than 30 hours depends on the delays and traffic.
You can book a bus ticket at your hotel, from travel operators or directly at these stations
- Mai Linh Express Saigon – Hanoi: 395 Kinh Duong Vuong, An Lac Ward, Binh Tan District, Ho Chi Minh City or call (028) 37 523 888 for help
- Hoang Long: Stall no.73, Mien Dong Bus Station, Thu Duc District, Ho Chi Minh City (Note: be cautious of thieves due to the crowdedness here)
Tips for your bus trip
· Book a ticket in advance and remember to buy from popular service providers to avoid scammers
· The departure time of the Vietnamese bus follows a fixed timetable, so you should arrive before the departure time in 1 hour or 2. Don’t be late or the bus may leave without you
· Same as railway, you should take good care of your personal belongings so the thieves won’t target then
It depends on your personal preference and financial situation to choose the best type of transportation from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi. Because each of them will have their advantages and disadvantages. Most importantly make sure that you have the best trip you can.
Looking for an online travel agent to suggest awesome ideas for your trip, carefully manage your itinerary, even it is a Leisure, Honeymoon, Family Trip, Wedding, Wellness Retreat, Dive Trip, Conference or Corporate Incentives.
Pin it now!