Getting from Saigon to Nha Trang Guide
Nha Trang is a modern beach city in the central south coast of Vietnam and one of the must-see places in Vietnam. This city attracts many tourists with its sandy beaches and brilliant blue waves. Let’s check out our Fayfay guide for getting from Saigon to Nha Trang.
1. Getting from Saigon to Nha Trang by airplane
This is the fastest way to transport from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang. There are more than 10 flights a day from Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN) to Cam Ranh International Airport (CXR) so that you can schedule your trip flexible.
A one-way ticket costs about US $25 to $55 depending on the airlines.
1.2) Helpful tips
The center of Nha Trang is more 35km away from the airport so that you can take a taxi or minibus to get there. Here are a few options.
Taxi: Mai Linh Taxi, Nha Trang Taxi, Khanh Hoa Taxi cost about VND 200.000 to VND 250.000 ($US9 – $US11). Negotiate and agree on the price first.
Shuttlebus: Dat Moi Shuttle Bus cost about VND 50.000 ($3)
- Route from Nha Trang to Cam Ranh Internation Airport: Nha Trang Station (19/8 Stadium Gate, 10 Yersin) – Hoang Hoa Tham – Le Thanh Ton – Nguyen Thien Thuat – Tran Quang Khai – Tran Phu – Hoang Dieu – Nguyen Duc Canh – Nguyen Tat Thanh – Cam Ranh Station
- Route from Cam Ranh to Nha Tranh: Cam Ranh Station – Nguyen Tat Thanh – Nguyen Duc Canh – Hoang Dieu – Tran Phu – Biet Thu – Hung Vuong – Tran Hung Dao – Nha Trang Station (19/8 Stadium Gate, 10 Yersin)
- Airport bus ticket at the Exit gate
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Earliest/ latest departure time: 4:30 AM / 8:00 PM
- If you want to book the overtime bus ticket, contact the Hotline: +84 586 254 455
2. Getting from Saigon to Nha Trang
The train is the other way to get from Saigon to Nha Trang. The enticing scenic view during the ride is so appealing that 10 hours on the train seems like a flash. On the Reunification Express line, take your time to rest and prepare for all the excitements coming to the beach city.
2.1) Type of seat and 1-way ticket price
- The hard seat costs about $12
- The soft seat costs about $15
- The hard berth (6 berths in a cabin) costs about $16-17
- The sort berth (4 berths in cabin) costs about $23
2.2) Helpful tips
You can book online via the official website of Vietnam Railways here.
Because it takes about 8 hours to travel from Saigon to Nha Trang by train, you should choose the berth seats for more comfort.
We highly recommended this transportation if you have time and want to explore the beauty of salt fields, white beaches, and blue waves.
3. Getting from Saigon to Nha Trang by bus
There are a lot of bus companies conducting service on the route for getting from Saigon to Nha Trang. Bus is the most reasonable option; one-way ticket costs about $10 to $12.
It takes about 10-12 hours to get there.
3.1) List of bus companies
- Phuong Trang (FUTA bus): Online booking guideline here or get to 272 De Tham, District 1 for direct booking
- The Sinh Tourist: get to 246 De Tham, District 1 for direct booking
- Hanh Cafe: get to 229 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1 for direct booking
3.2) Helpful tips
There are dozens of departures daily from 7:00 to 22:00 depending on the bus companies.
The sleeping bus is an interesting experience when you don’t want to waste your time to transport.
The advantage of bus transportation is that their bus stations are in the center of the citymost
We hope that these getting from Saigon to Nha Trang guide helps you find your appropriate choice! Wish you enjoy and have fun on your Nha Trang Trip.
Looking for an online travel agent to suggest awesome ideas for your trip, carefully manage your itinerary, even it is a Leisure, Honeymoon, Family Trip, Wedding, Wellness Retreat, Dive Trip, Conference or Corporate Incentives.
Pin it now!